Monday, August 20, 2012

Books are a Thrill Ride!
Island of Thieves by Josh Lacey at Great America
I hope you had a great summer filled with many, many books. As you can see, my summer was filled with travels, fun, and reading every opportunity I could find.  Here are some of the great books I enjoyed over the summer.
Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey, Emerald Isle, NC
Iron-Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill at the Berkeley Public Library

Make Magazine on the bumper cars
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers in my backyard
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake at the Sonoma County Fair

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney at the movies

I also had the privilege of speaking on a panel at Comic-Con in San Diego with Jack Baur from the Berkeley Public Library.  We spoke about our comic book club... coming soon to Willard!  More info will be shared when school starts.


No comments: