Saturday, February 28, 2009

Where was I last Thursday?


I am always surprised and touched by the number of students and staff who ask about me after my absences. And I was somewhere really cool. So let me tell you about it. I was at a workshop for librarians given by Nancy Pearl, model for the librarian action figure and librarian-extraordinaire. She talked about connecting kids and books. The day was inspirational.

I was asked to be one of the three model book talkers at the session. It was quite an honor to share a podium with Nancy. I chose Persepolis:The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi to talk about. It is a phenomenal story of growing up in a war-torn country and adolescent rebellion under a repressive government. That will be our next book for the Tuesday Comix discussion group. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

No comments: